I think we should hold off on all of the Brood Lord related changes untill we know for sure that the Mantalings replace the Broodlings, and aren't simply a variant that is used by the buildings only. --Tomer 19:48, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- If we rename the Broodling page to Mantaling, we're definitely also going to update any references to "Broodling" to say "Mantaling", so I'll consider your objection to really be questioning if I should have made that rename for the Broodling instead of making it a separate unit (and not that we should or shouldn't update the Brood Lord page along with it). I think that was right, and here's why:
- The Mantaling obviously serves the same purpose as the Broodling did
- The Mantaling is about the health we'd expect the Broodling to be, from earlier vague descriptions of its health
- The Mantaling has the same unit wireframe as the Broodling did (I don't recall exactly where I saw it, but I definitely recognize it as the same)
- The only thing suggesting it's not (besides speculation like "maybe they want to let them balance the buildings separate from the Brood Lord" which really isn't a good argument since they can tweak the number of Broodlings/Mantalings released from each building) is that the Brood Lord name has a tie to the Broodling name, and it might seem unlikely to change one without changing the other.
- Put it all together and, in my opinion, it's pretty strong evidence that it's simply a rename.
- I've also posted a thread on the official forums so that hopefully Karune will answer and let us know for sure what's up. --Tiger0211 11:56, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- I understand the reasoning behind the current name change, but considering the name of the unit "Brood Lord" it would more than likely be the "Lord" of "Brood"lings, with Mantalings being spawned from buildings simply for balance/diversity reasons. While they serve basically the same purpose, referring to two units of different origins tends to create confusion for new players, or for non-specific references (a.k.a. e-sports announcers would have to differentiate between building-broodlings and launched-broodlings). Of course, we should wait for absolute confirmation, however I believe the evidence is rather heavy in support of broodlings being separate (even if equal) from mantalings. --Jaydin 07:23, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- I know the Brood Lord name suggests that it will always launch Broodlings, but I really don't think Blizz would have two identical units with different names just because they were spawned differently. Until we have any real evidence, it should stay how it is. Besides, to a new player, a name like "brood lord" doesn't necessarily mean that it has to launch or otherwise spawn anything with "brood" in its name, just that it has some connection to being the "lord" of a "brood". --Tiger0211 16:51, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Is the cost of the unit 100/100 or 150/150? http://sc2pod.com/wiki/Brood_Lord_Mutation --Ipsar 19:18, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure I would've made sure the Brood Lord page was right, (and forgotten about the other one) but I'll check...it's 150/150. I'll change both pages to that. Thanks for spotting that. --Tiger0211 21:19, 19 February 2010 (UTC)